Xiaomi Redmi S2
Xiaomi on Thursday launched a new smartphone in China. Called Redmi S2, the new smartphone Xiaomi Redmi S2 is focused at selfie enthusiasts. Xiaomi’s Redmi S2 comes with a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with a range of Artificial Intelligence-based features for better portrait shots. Xiaomi Redmi S2 will go on sale in China at a starting price of CNY 999, which is Rs 10,000 approximately. The top-end model of Xiaomi Redmi S2 is priced at CNY 1299 (Rs 14,000 approximately).
Xiaomi Redmi S2: Design
The smartphone looks quite similar to the recent Xiaomi smartphones. It has an 18:9 display but with thicker bezels on the top and bottom. On the top it has 3.5mm headphone jack while base features USB port with speaker grilles. On the back it has two cameras on the left top corner and a fingerprint sensor at the centre. The antenna lines run around the border of the phone, making the back panel look neater. The smartphone is available in three colour options – pink, grey and gold.
Xiaomi Redmi S2: Full specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits (typ) Brightness, 70.8% NTSC color gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes in Rose gold, Champagne Gold and Platinum Silver colors, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 156 / Rs. 10,560 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1299 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 13,735 approx.) .